Sunday, December 6, 2009

Last Couple of Days

So on Wednesday I decided I was going to try and speak some Thai with my classmates, well it turned into them not letting me speak English anymore! It wasn't so bad on Wednesday when Mo was there because she could help me. On Thursday and Friday she was gone. She had a speech competition (which she did really well in, took first place), so I was left to fend for myself. It wasn't so bad, a little confusing, but it was fun. I got to talk to some of the girls in my class that I hadn't before and I sat with a different group of people at lunch. I'm really getting to know the kids in my class more and more and I like them even more the better I get to know them!

On Thursday we didn't have class until 4th period so we sat in the Library and they made me practice me Thai reading for three periods. I thought my brain was going to explode by the end! After lunch I went and sat with some of the girls and we talked. At one point they decided that they wanted to play with my hair because it was pretty so they did my hair. I also gave them my camera to take pictures and they had lots of fun. After they finished my hair (which looked really cool) we had PE. My PE is self-defense, totally not me. It turns out I'm pretty good at it because I was taking on ever girl in my class (I think they are all really weak because I hardly had to try to break their tightest grip). It was a lot more fun than I thought it would be. I learned the word for hurt because I was very sore after class.

Friday was another language challenge but it went alright. 2nd period I have Art and they teacher is so cute. She doesn't speak a lot of English but she tries. Lucas is also in that class and she really likes us. Every week she gives us fruit or candy. This week she gave me a big bag of Glass Mangos. She said that Lucas and I are her son and daughter, it was really cute. 7th period I have Social Study with Peach and Lucas and Lucas and I were talking. We weren't being very loud or anything but apparently one of the girls in the class didn't appreciate our noise and so she called Peach a really horrible name and Peach cried for a good part of 8th period. I felt horrible that I had caused it, but she wouldn't let us comfort her or do anything.

Well also this week I figured out my community service. I will be volunteering in a Kindergarten once a week and doing projects with them, so if someone has a Christmas project let me know because I need ideas.

I have spent the weekend playing phone tag with Bashayer trying to plan her trip. Everything is almost settled, but I still have to try and get a hold of her tonight. This weekend was also Father's Day. Father's Day is on the King's Birthday because the king is the Father of the country. They don't do anything for their fathers except sometimes they give them flowers, but Meow and Mike didn't. At night they have fireworks and they do a song and have some performances to honor the king.

Well that's really all I've been up to lately. I changed some settings because people said it was hard to comment, so it should be easier now.

Pictures:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=127891&id=535566988&l=7de7523a83

Lots of Love,
Allyson

No comments:

Post a Comment