Sunday, December 6, 2009

Thai Thanksgiving

So I want to start by apologizing for the long gap between posts. I have been so busy with everything lately that I barely have time to think alone before I'm heading to bed. I'm not complaining though, it's kind of nice. Anyway last Thursday was Thanksgiving so I had a Thai Thanksgiving. They don't have an oven or turkey so I had to talk to mom about what kind of things I could make. In the end I made sweet potatoes (which are different than American sweet potatoes), potatoes (no cheese or sour cream, but I like potatoes so it didn't matter to me), strawberry jello with bananas, and fried chicken.

After school I went to the market with my host mom and we bought everything I would need. We couldn't find some of the things right away, but I didn't let it discourage me and eventually we got the things we needed. When we got home I changed out of my uniform and got cooking right away. I made quite a mess, but it was fun. I had Meow help me and in time we got it done. It took a long time and I felt like a chicken with it's head cut off running everywhere. Mike was eating everything before I could get it on the table.

They were all a little shocked when I said we were eating the American way so we didn't have rice. Everyone loved it and they made me make the chicken again on Friday night.

I made them do the "Thanks" and they didn't really understand, but it was cute.

A FEW Things I'm thankful for:
My American Family for all the love and support they give me
My host family for taking me in and supporting me and taking care of me
My friends for always being there for me
My skating, because I love it and I know how much it costs so I'm thankful for being able to do it
All the Opportunities in my life and all the blessings I've been given!

Thank you to everyone who loves me and prays for me! Just knowing that you are there and supporting me means sooo much to me! Thank you to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment