Saturday, November 21, 2009

Saturday November 21st, 2009

So let me start with yesterday. I woke up and read (nothing special). Then I had a little grill circle (my host aunt brought one of those things like at the restaurant for us to use). Everything was good, then Meow put an egg in the water so that everything in it was covered, she wasn’t thinking. I ended up only eating bits of pork after that, but it was still good. Then my host aunt bought me watermelon, like she usually does. After lunch I watched Legally Blonde one and two with Meow. When she had to go and water the trees I went and read until it was time to make dinner. After dinner I went on the computer for a little while before I helped my host mom in the store. The lady who normally comes and prices everything and washes dishes and the does the floor didn’t come so she had us kids helping. I got to use the price machine to put the stickers on everything. They would tell me the prices in Thai so that I would get used to hearing them (I only messed up once). After we finished in the store I helped cut things for today. Then I finished watch Legally Blonde 2, showered and went to bed (even though everyone else was up, it was after 12 so I went to bed).

I will like to take a moment now and talk about Mike. He is EXACTLY like Sarah! He is ALWAYS on either the computer or TV, he only does his chores part way, he lies about how much screen time he’s used, he makes more work for the rest of us, and he is always eating snacks even when my host mom tells him he can’t. It’s funny how many similarities they have. He doesn’t bug me though because he doesn’t speak enough English, but he bugs Meow all the time. I have to say that at least Sarah would read sometimes and she did her homework more often than Mike does and a little better quality. Mike is always ‘forgetting’ about his homework and so my host mom is always getting calls from his teachers complaining. He is now on ADHD meds, but only 20 mg (I’m on 80 and he’s worse than me!) and they will stop selling them in Thailand come February so my host mom can’t buy him any more. He is always playing with something and can never sit still of be quiet for more than a few seconds at a time, which is really annoying. Most of the time I can tune him out, but there are moments were I would like to shake him, like when he eats! Well I’m done complaining for now, I’ll continue with my day.

Today I got up at 6:30 and showered. I then came downstairs and helped prepare food for the day. I grilled the hot dogs while Meow went and got those donut things for breakfast (probably as healthy as eating McDonald’s for breakfast but taste WAY better). I ate them with PB for some protein, had a yogurt and some of the instant stuff. I then grilled some shrimp and helped pack everything up. On our way out, I forgot to grab a pair of shorts so that ruined my day!

We drove for a while and then arrived at Kaeng KraChan National Park. It is the largest national park in Thailand. It is located in Petchaburi and on the border of Myanmar/Burma. It is absolutely gorgeous! We drove around and got out at several places to take pictures. After a while we went to this place with little blow up boat things. We had to wait for Peach and Lucas to come so Meow and Mike went swimming. It looked like so much fun, but I didn’t have shorts for if I got wet so I couldn’t do it. I laid and tried to get a tan of some sort (tried being the key word there). In the sun I was so white that it hurt my eyes to look at my legs (go ahead and make fun). Everyone here thinks I have beautiful skin and wishes they were my color, but I wish I could tan!

At about 12 we went and had a picnic by the car. Thailand needs to learn about paper plates and cups because my host mom brought actual dishes from the house to use. While we were eating I figured out how to do self timer on my camera and took several pictures of us eating (I was so excited). The shrimp turned my fingers orange and the corn had so much water that I was dripping everywhere! The fried rice had some of their super small, super spicy peppers in it and I didn’t know until I bit one! It was definitely interesting, half of my mouth was on fire and nothing could make it go away, so I just continued to eat. Everything was good despite the little problems.

After we finished eating we went and sat under a shelter to wait. I decided to try some more tanning and went and laid on a mat in the sun. Many people walked by and commented or wanted to take pictures because no one in Thailand tans! I put on like 3 layers of sunscreen so I didn’t burn today, thank goodness.

Finally they showed up in the boat and we were off. It was fun. I wish I could have gotten in the water and swam with them. At one point we stopped and they ziplined into the water and then they did this bridge walk and all jumped into the water and I really wanted to join them! When we finished with the ride (it was like 2 ½ hours long) we went and ate ice cream. After that we left the park and headed for dinner.

We stopped near the house and ate some noodles, but I didn’t put anything in them so they had no taste. My host dad bought me some meat balls made from pork. They were probably one of the spiciest things I’ve eaten here, but I didn’t complain. I ate all 10 of them without commenting, but when they wanted to buy me more I said that I was good!

Now we are home and I’m working on homework. I have to hand write everything here. I typed my report so now I have to go and hand write it, then practice my letters and maybe get to some math. I don’t know if we are doing anything tomorrow so I want to get as much done today as I can. I started to write out my report but my hand got tired, that’s why I’m writing this.

Well today was a day of regrets because I didn’t do the things I wanted to. I hope that I get the chance to go back and do them!

No comments:

Post a Comment