Friday, November 13, 2009

Friday November 13th, 2009

Today started out rough. I couldn’t get out of bed after being up till midnight, but it didn’t matter anyway because I still had to wait for my uniform to be delivered. The guy was running late so I didn’t even get dressed till 7:15. I ate in less than 5 minutes and then headed to school.

My first class was Thai. The teacher is really nice and she tried to including me as much as she could, which included giving me homework. I have to write a poem and a book report before next Monday and then Mo has to translate it (I feel bad for her). I was hoping to use an old piece from America, I brought my USB with them on it, but I don’t think any of them are good enough or easy enough for Mo to translate. I wrote a part of a poem, but I don’t know if I will use it yet. I was hoping to use my book review from history last year as I guide as to what I need to do but that is the one document I don’t have, of course, so I’m going to have to wing it.

After Thai was Art with Peach and Lucas. Peach was supposed to be translating but she was busy drawing a face. The teacher is really nice. She came over and showed me what we were doing and tried to explain what we were doing. Before I left she gave me a passion fruit, I don’t know why, and gave Lucas so cookie thing. I got full marks on my bird drawing, thank goodness, but I had to present to the class about it and I didn’t know what to say so I stood there and blabbered and smiled my way through it.

After Art was Social Study. They had a test today so I read. After the test the girls went to lunch and I went to the English Corner because I was supposed to have a Math lesson. Michelle forgot and went to lunch. I sat there and read until 5th period. I ate lunch with Peach and Lucas since the girls already ate. After I finished eating I tried to find the girls but I couldn’t. One of the girls in my class told me that they had a test next period so I didn’t need to come, so I didn’t see the girls again.

My 7th period is Social Study with Peach. When I got there the teacher wasn’t in the room so we were sitting outside where there was a breeze to keep us cool. The teacher came and got on his motorbike and left, it was very strange. We goofed around and talked for about 20 minutes. The teacher came back and then made them change classrooms, don’t know why. They then had less than 30 minutes of class (they got out early). They are learning about political systems. When class got out Peach stayed to take some photos for a class, but I headed to my Thai lesson.

My Thai lesson started out with me learning Thai but ended with me telling her about American holidays and traditions. We talked about Easter and Thanksgiving and about food. It really was a waste of time, but she is nice and just curious so I told her what she wanted to know.

After school I had to wait till after 5 for my host mom to come and get us. Meow had taken off with a friend of hers and Mike I had not seen. I packed up my stuff and grabbed Meow’s bag, so I had a lot of stuff. Meow came as we were about to go and look for Mike. Mike was practicing his Thai flute in the music room. After that we headed for home.
On the way home Peach called to see if I could go with her tomorrow to Hua Hin. My host dad said that Meow can’t go but I can. He doesn’t think she cares about school enough and that she is always wanting to travel and spend time with her friends and not study. She was very upset the whole way home and was arguing with her mom. Is it bad to go if she can’t? I don’t want to miss out on an opportunity, but if it makes her bitter is it wrong to go? I hope not because I said I would go, but I feel that Meow isn’t pleased that I can go and she can’t. She says she is going to wait up for her dad and try and convince him to let her go, but if she can’t go, then what? I hope everything will work out.

Tomorrow I’m leaving early to meet Peach at Big C and then I’m headed to Hua Hin for the day. I don’t know when I’ll be back, so I’ll update when I get the chance!

Lots of Love,
Allyson

No comments:

Post a Comment