Saturday, November 7, 2009

Saturday November 7th, 2009

Today (actually yesterday but whatever) I spent the day with Meow and her friends. I woke up at 7 and got ready. At 8 I came down and helped my host mom prepare breakfast. At 9 I went and waited for the car (one of those with the back end open for passengers) to come and pick us up. At 9:30 the car came and we headed to the school. At the school we met up with Cherry and Cherry’s boyfriend (didn’t even know she had a boyfriend until Friday because they have to keep it a secret from their parents because they are allowed to date). We bought a few snacks from the 7/11 and then went to the mall to watch a movie. The movie they wanted to see was no longer in theatres and the other one wasn’t out yet. All the other movies were too late so we just walked around. We went up stairs to Big C and I bought some workout clothes (figured I need some if Meow wants to keep working out). After that we went to Swenson’s and I got a Banana-Nana sundae with peanut butter and caramel praline ice cream. I finished my ice cream really fast so I had to wait for the others. After the ice cream we walked around and looked at cell phones because one of the girls wants a new one. The ones they were looking at were over $300, but they said that was reasonable! (Apparently the iPhone cast over $1000 here!)

Around 12 we headed back to the school. We ate lunch at this little place across from the school. I ate “American Fried Rice” but it wasn’t really American. It was rice with ketchup, raisins, baby corn, and peas. I got a piece of chicken and three mini hot dogs to go with the rice. While I was eating I watched golf, that’s what was on the TV, because no one talks to me (I think that if I spend too much time with Meow and her friends I will lose my voice from lack of use!). After we finished eating we went to the 7/11 again so they could get some snacks. We then went to the school (across the street). There were so many people there, I was shocked! None of the people that we were waiting for were there though (at least I guess) because we sat by the English Corner for like an hour. They goofed around and I read. After that we went to the little kids cafeteria (they have a separate lunch room for the younger kids) and met with some of Meow’s friends. No one talked to me so I sat and read some more. They talked for more than an hour, but finally they got up and started to walk away without even telling me anything.

After that we went to Fern’s house, a friend of Meow’s. She lives in a military village because her parents are in the military (at least her dad, I don’t know about her mother). They all talked and laughed, but no one talked to me so I sat and tried to watch a movie that was on TV but I kept missing things because they were so loud. Eventually they decided to take a walk to the playground down the road. We sat there and they goofed around. Meow stole this one boy’s bike (he is always around, mysteriously appearing wherever Meow is and talking to her) and rode it around with Cherry. I sat with Fern, one of Meow’s friends and her sister, but no one talked to me so it was kind of boring. At about 4:30 they decided they were going to go and buy a gift for Peach for her birthday (which is Monday). I stayed at Fern’s house because they were taking one of the motorcycle things. I watched Nancy Drew and ate some dried bananas and some seed like thing that Fern’s mother gave me (I didn’t know what it was but I didn’t want to be rude so I ate it anyway).

At 6 my host dad came and picked us up. On the way home we stopped and picked up these donut like things that I really like (I can’t remember what they are called). Through Meow my host dad asked me questions and we actually had somewhat of a conversation! When we got home I helped to make dinner. Dinner was Curry. It was spicy, but only mildly so (had they given it to me when I first came I would have died). After dinner, Meow helped me wrap all of my Christmas presents. I was glad for the help even though we really didn’t talk and she was slow, it was nice of her to help. We finished around 9:15 and I went on the computer. I was really tired so I didn’t blog until this morning. I slept well, except that at 6 I had to get up and close my windows because the birds were annoying. I woke up around 8:30, but just laid there until after 9. Now I’m writing this and waiting for breakfast and the internet (Mike’s on so I don’t know when I’ll get it and be able to post this).

Some side notes:

There is this girl in my class called Sai (which means sand) and I call her the “I love you” girl because she is always saying she loves me. She is really nice and helpful, but it is a little weird that she is always saying she loves me, though to them it is normal.

Weather is very sporadic here. It was kind of colder on Monday and Tuesday but now it’s getting warm again. Yesterday we had clear blue skies all day and then all of a sudden it started to pour last night. You never know what it’s going to be like so you always carry and umbrella and a sweater.

I decided that I am going to get a haircut because there is no way I’m making it a whole year without cutting it. It looks like a mop. It has no shape and is driving me crazy. I’ve been putting it in a pony or hair clip everyday in order to make it manageable.

Well I know there are like a thousand side notes, but I can’t remember them right this minute so this is what I got for now!

Till later,

แอลอิสสัน ดันแคน

No comments:

Post a Comment