Thursday, November 5, 2009

Thursday November 5th, 2009

I don’t know how long this post is going to be because I was working on making flashcards and lost track of time so I lost 30 minutes of time. I ‘m going to try and type fast and fit everything in, but we’ll see. Well since there isn’t a lot of time I will get started right away.

Woke up this morning at around 5 because I was really, really hungry. I laid there and waited for my alarm to go off, unable to sleep from being too hungry. I got up and washed my face and brushed my teeth. I then headed back up stairs to put on my uniform. I then remembered I had gym today so had to switch outfits. Then we had breakfast. Breakfast was the left over fish balls from last night (I don’t like fish balls they really taste like undercooked, fishy fish). I had some of the Cream of Wheat mom sent so I had something more in my system and a yogurt. After breakfast I finished packing my things and we left, only 5 minutes later than we wanted to. We stopped at some store or something for Mike and Meow and I waited in the car for like 20 minutes. After that we went to school, but we took the long way so we got there as the anthem was playing. I then went to the English Corner to wait for the girls to come and get me, not knowing that there was not assembly this morning. They came and got me before I had even settled in. We had homeroom this morning and they got a note about tuition (I didn’t know they had to pay tuition until this morning). After that we went to Social Study.

During Social Study and English I practiced my letters. I wrote each of the first twelve letters 81 times. Third period I sat in the English corner, then I was supposed to have English but the girls never came to get me so I continued to work on my letters until lunch. At lunch I had noodles, but I should have put in some of the chili flakes because it really didn’t have any taste. After lunch was gym. I HATE gym here too, but I did what I had to because I don’t want to have to take it at home. I had to do sit ups and pushups today. I got 25 sit ups in a minute and 22 pushups (I thought the pushups were good, for my weak arms). I didn’t do so well but at least I tried. During gym some of the girls were teaching me the vowels and some new words. I love my class, they all are so nice and all are trying to help me learn. I am so happy that I chose to be in this class!

After gym was Religion. I think it’s cool to go to religion to watch them. At the beginning of class they bow and do this chanting thing then meditate for a few minutes and at the end they do something similar. I think it’s cool to learn about it and to see it.

After religion I had my Thai lesson (the teacher’s name is Ti). I love my writing lessons, they are always so much fun. Ti is so awesome. She says that I am learning very fast. Today she taught me 13 letters: yaw ying, daw chat da, taw pa tak, taw tan, taw nangmontoe, taw pu tao, naw neng, daw denk, taw tow, taw tung, taw tahan, taw tong, naw new. The new letters are sooo hard to write, but I have all weekend to practice because I don’t have class again until Monday.

After school I went and played tennis with Meow. We finished at 5 but my host mom wasn’t there so we walked and found a pay phone (our cell phones were in the car). My host mom was doing her errands so we had to wait for 30 minutes. My host mom bought us a snack for the ride home so I tried it without even knowing what it was. I still don’t know what it was that I ate, but it was good, I even had a second. Once we got home I helped to make dinner. I cut the pork and carrots and then helped her to cook it all. Dinner was good, we had something new, Chinese noodles. After dinner I worked on writing my flashcards for the new words from today and for my letters and vowels.

So that was my day. Nothing too exciting, but I was busy. Tomorrow is even busier, but it’s the last day. I guess I will make it through the first week alive and still as excited about things as when I started, so that’s good.

Well I guess that’s all for now.

Till tomorrow,

แอลอิสสัน ดันแคน

No comments:

Post a Comment