Saturday, November 14, 2009

Saturday November 14th, 2009

Today was a lot of fun!

I got up 15 minutes later than I was supposed to and as a result was running behind. I took a quick shower and did my make-up fast. I had some instant mush stuff for breakfast and burned my tongue from eating it too fast. I then went and waited for the car. While we were waiting my host mom was showing me things around the area. She showed me the mango trees on the sides of our house and then we walked across the street to some vendors to see the drying mini shrimp (they look like someone ground some pork or something). The car drove past the house so my host mom and I had to run after it, I must say it was pretty funny. My host mom told the driver to drop me off at Big C and then I was off for the day.

I arrived at Big C at 8:10 and called Peach. She was just leaving her house to go and pick up her cousin. I sat in front by the highway and waited, in the sun. They arrived at 9 and she couldn’t find me. Through the use of cell phones and KFC she found me and we were on our way.

We then drove to pick up Lucas. Once we picked him up we drove to Hua Hin. We went to the mall and looked around for a little while. We wanted to get DQ but they weren’t open yet so we went and looked at Tesco Lotus, a large grocery store like Walmart. We spent like 30 minutes looking around. I bought some granola bars so that I have a snack for school. After we left Tesco Lotus we went up stairs to a café for breakfast and so Peach could have her French lesson (she has a private teacher who meets her there).

When we had finished eating Lucas, Ann (Peach’s cousin), and I went and walked around the mall. It was fun even though we didn’t do anything. At the end Lucas went into the arcade and played a driving game that he was really bad at. Then we went back to the café to pick up Peach.

Once we had Peach we did some more shopping and some more arcade games. Lucas bought a new phone for over $300 and he played with it for the rest of the afternoon. I bought a watch for 159 baht (so it won’t last) because mine leaves a greenish brown residue on my wrist if I sweat (which of course I do).

After we left the mall we headed to the beach for lunch. We went to Cha-Am beach for fresh seafood. While we were waiting for the food we walked on the beach and talked. I have so many secrets and it’s driving me insane. Everyone keeps telling me their secrets and they all involve people I know so it’s even more difficult to keep them secret.

The food was really good. We had a shrimp soup, a sweet, shredded, fried fish thing, and something spicy and many other things. I tried everything and found that it was very good. They didn’t offer me the spicy thing so I asked for it and they were shocked that I could eat it. Lucas says he can’t eat anything spicy and doesn’t even want to try so he missed out.

After I finished my third helping I went down to the beach with Ann. We were talking and looking at seashells when she found a shell that a crab had vacated. We went down to the water and started to look for these mini crabs. They were so cute! They were smaller than my pinky finger’s nail. We collected a lot of them and put them in a cup. Towards the end Peach and Lucas came and joined us. Peach and Ann dug a hole in the sand and put the crabs in it. Then they buried them, which I thought was mean until the crabs started to all appear out of the sand.

Once we finished playing with the crabs we walked along the beach and looked at sea shells. There were tons of jellyfish washed up on the shore so you had to be careful where you stepped, some of them were barely visible unless you were looking for them. There were some children who were playing with some of the mini shrimp my host mom had showed me in the morning so we went and looked at them. We played for a long time on the beach, probably over an hour and a half.

After we left the beach we drove along the ocean back to my house. On the way back we stopped at Peach’s grandparent’s house. Her family is so big. Next door to her grandparents was one of her aunts and they had the cutest puppy (they have little dogs as pets but that’s it). We walked along the road a little and met some of her other family (her dad had 9 brothers and sisters and her mom had 7, it was her dad’s side of the family).

After we left her grandparents we continued on to my house. When we were around the corner my host mom called. We told her we could see the house. They all came in because Peach wanted to see Meow, but no one knew where she was. Peach called her and found out she was at the market. They stayed and talked for a while and then they left to take Lucas home.

After they left I talked to Meow a little and then I went to read and cool down. It’s now 8:45 so I guess I’m not having dinner, glad I bought some granola bars earlier! I am going to use the internet for a little while, try and catch one of my shows on YouTube and do a little Facebook, and then head to bed because I’m tired from two nights of 6 hour sleep. Tomorrow is a day of homework and relaxing, at least I think, I should ask if they have plans.

Well until later,

Allyson

No comments:

Post a Comment