Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Tuesday November 10th, 2009

Third period was English, so Mo and I talked and made the best of that boring class. I find it interesting how many mistakes are in the handouts the teachers give the students, and they never realize it. As boring as the class is, I learn some things because they translate a lot of the words as assignments and during class so I can sometimes pick up some words.

Fourth period began with me talking to Michelle, the guy from the Netherlands. He scheduled me for two math classes a week and gave me an online website I need to work on, on nights he doesn’t give me homework. After I finished with him, I had my Thai lesson. I learned the remainder of the alphabet (except vowels)! I now know all 44 letters! I’m so happy; I’ve been practicing them tonight and saying them over and over so that I can remember them for tomorrow. I have some tricks for a few of them, like one is Saw Cera which sounds close to Sarah, La Ling (ling is monkey) looks kind of like a monkey if you use your imagination, and some others. Ti always laughs when I tell her my tricks, but they work. My only thing about learning the letters is that they are affecting my English writing because some of them could be fancy ways of writing some of our letters, I don’t know if this is good or bad yet.

After Thai I had lunch with the girls. For dessert we had fruit again. I had banana with syrup. After lunch was break, because the boys have military training after lunch on Tuesdays. We went and sat in the Chinese room and read and talked and did some work. Boom worked on her speech with the teacher (she is giving a presentation for a competition in Chinese and Mo is doing one in English). At eighth period I got stuck talking to Lucas and never made it to Thai dance, not that I know where it exactly is.

After school I played tennis with Meow and then we ran errands with her mom. I have now taken to going with my host mom rather than sitting in the car. I enjoy do the errands because you get to meet all sorts of people and they all are very nice. Today one lady gave me a free water, which was really nice. We stopped and got ice cream. It was very different than American ice cream but it was really good. I got mine with some of the donut thing I like and some sweet rice. When we went and bought fruit someone asked my host mom who I was and she told them I was her daughter, that was the first time! It was a little strange at first, but I like it.

After we picked up Mike we headed home. I read for a while and then we ate dinner. We had garlic broccoli and spicy pork (which I didn’t find spicy, but it wasn’t that good either). Then Meow, Mike, and I ate a huge bowl of mango. I learned that eating too much mango leaves a bad taste in your mouth, but I drank some water and continued. After dinner I worked on my Thai letters. Now I’m blogging and waiting for the internet. When I get the internet I am going to work on my math. After math I’m going to go over my letters again and then shower and go to bed.

Side notes:

One of the things I like to do now is to look at the license plates and to say the letters. It is a little silly, but I like to do it because it’s fun to realize I know the letters.

I will try and update on the nights I do my math course or at school before I go to class. I don’t want you guys to miss anything or to stop reading.

Well that’s all for now. Have a good day,

Allyson
Today was not overly exciting, but I am proud of what was accomplished. I woke up and got ready and everything was normal. Today they had homeroom first period so that they could pay their tuition. Each student had to pay 2000 baht (totaling $2747) for the semester. After we left homeroom, the class went and sat in the pavilion area and decided they didn’t want to go to class, all except my friends. Because my friends went to class everyone else had to so that they wouldn’t get in trouble. They had Physics, so I sat and read and occasionally listened.

No comments:

Post a Comment