Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Wednesday November 18th, 2009

So the last several days I did nothing, really, not even homework. Today was an eventful day though.

Last night, more this morning really really early actually, there was a shooting star. I stayed up all night to watch it. I read until midnight when I decided to shower to waste some time. Then I tried to understand some Lord of the Rings, Meow and my host mom were watching (it’s my host mom’s favorite movie), but I didn’t get it so I went to my room and watched Breakfast at Tiffany’s. When I finished watching my movie I decided I could lay down and sleep for a little while, 30 minutes. It wasn’t much of a sleep, I barely fell asleep before I had to get up again, but it was better than nothing I guess. At 3:30 my host dad, host mom, Meow, and I walked to the beach. We grabbed some chairs from one of the places on the beach and sat and waited. It was really windy, which made it a little hard to breathe, but it was really nice. We watched the star, it appeared every 10 minutes, always from somewhere new and going a different direction so you had to constantly be looking for it. I tried to get a picture but it moved too fast and was very small. At 5 we went back to the house where I finished getting ready for bed and then crashed!

I woke up this morning several times, but officially at 11:15 when Meow knocked on my door at told me Gayoon was making a surprise visit in 20 minutes. I was glad I showered at night so I didn’t have to worry about it in my short amount of time. She came and talked to my host mom and then she talked to me. She said that I needed to be more involved and to make more friends and be more ‘open’ or she wasn’t going to let Bashayer come in December! I can’t stand the way she talks to me or the way she just makes assumptions. I just nodded and tried not to say anything so that I wouldn’t ruin my chances of Bashayer coming any more. We then went out to lunch, where nobody talked to me. We were there for almost two hours and nobody said anything to me except to ask if I wanted some of the squid because they noticed I wasn’t eating it.

After we finished eating Gayoon left and we went back to the house. I took a nap, having not gotten a lot of sleep, and then I read. I wrote my report for my Thai class and my poem and I am going to have Meow help me translate it so that Mo doesn’t have to (I don’t want to give her more work than she already has, I feel bad about that and Meow has nothing to do). I helped my host mom cook dinner, actually helped tonight! She showed me how to make it and then she had me make one of the portions and by the fourth I did it all on my own! After dinner I finished working on my report and started working on a Literary Analysis (I don’t want to get rusty with them having to take AP when I get home).

Well that’s all that’s happening with me right now,! Hope you are all having a great week!

Lots of Love,
Allyson

No comments:

Post a Comment