Thursday, November 12, 2009

Thursday November 12th, 2009

Today I was supposed to get up and go running with Meow at 6, but thank goodness neither one of us is responsible enough to go to bed at a decent time and neither one of us is a morning person. I turned my alarm off so I’m glad I naturally wake up at the time I’m supposed to get up. I didn’t need to shower because I showered last night so I quick brushed my teeth and washed my face and got out so my host mom could shower.

School was homeroom and then Social Study again. After Social Study was English. Most of the time I don’t pay attention in English, so when the teacher called on me to read something I was lost. I don’t have a book for English so I had to borrow Mo’s and thank goodness she was paying attention and could tell me what I was supposed to do. After I finished reading they discussed a little and then Boom practiced her speech. She is so good at Chinese, she had the whole thing memorized!

Third period I didn’t do anything but read. Fifth period was another English but I didn’t get called on. I sat next to some different people in that class because I went to the building without Boom and Mo. They had me copying their writing and they liked to try and talk with me. They seemed very nice. Lunch was the same old same old. After lunch was PE, but no one showed up, not even the teacher. We sat there and read and did homework. There was a nice breeze (which is rare) so I wasn’t hot. They didn’t go right to class when the bell rang, which is still strange for me. We showed up like 10 minutes late but the teacher still wasn’t there. They did their bows and then the teacher showed up. The lesson was strange, the parts I caught at least. The teacher was using an elephant to explain something and she kept rubbing it and pulling it in weird ways. For homework they had to do draw a fish and use it to be the arrows for their points of something, the girls couldn’t explain the reasoning.

I had Thai last and that was fun because I got to start to read. It was funny and I had a crowd around me by the end of the period. I like my Thai classes and I’m learning really quickly. She gave me the book for the night to practice my reading so after dinner I practiced with Meow, and she didn’t laugh (a first for her, whenever I practice anything around her she laughs at me).

After school we were supposed to play tennis but we went and had lunch at a small restaurant across from the school. When I went to a stand to buy a drink a boy from a different school tapped my elbow. His name is Mek and he said he had heard about me (I don’t know how). He was in the US last year in New Jersey. We talked while I got my drink and then we exchanged phone numbers. He seems really nice, I wonder if he will actually call me.

After we finished eating we got a ride from Peach’s mother the 2 blocks to the tennis court. When we got out Meow had the Kleenex bow and had to run back and give it to them. We didn’t want to play so she went and bought some snacks (even though we just ate). We sat and read until my host mom came and got us. We didn’t do any errands except for stopping at the Big C mall and getting make-up for my host mom. I got ice cream from Dairy Queen while I waited (their largest size is smaller than a small in the US! ). After that we came home and I worked on some writing and art then had dinner and practice reading. I helped Meow with her math a little (they don’t do graphing so I don’t know how they want her to solve the problem, I’ve always been taught to graph it). Now I’m blogging. After I’m done here I still have to shower, finish my art, do my devotion and prayers, and then try to get some sleep. It’s 10:45 PM so I hope I’m not up too late. I’m glad tomorrow is Friday so that I have the weekend to sleep, and no school next week!

Well it’s late and I’m tired and have lots to do yet. I’ll write again soon!

P.S. Today marks the third month I've been here!

No comments:

Post a Comment