Friday, November 6, 2009

Friday November 6th, 2009

So today started out with me over sleeping. I turned off my alarm and fell back to sleep for 30 minutes, and only got up because my host mom knocked on my door. I wasn’t the only one who over slept though, both of the others over slept and ended up without breakfast. Breakfast was the leftover noodles from last night’s dinner. We quick hurried out the door and actually made it to school on time.

I waited in the English room for an extra 20 minutes because assembly ran over, but then Sai came and got me. We didn’t have class this morning because there was no teacher (it turns out it’s Chinese so I’ll have an extra free period there where I will do Thai with Ti). Since there was no teacher we went to the library. I sat with a group of girls from my class that I really don’t know, but they were nice and tried to help me learn some new things and to talk to me.

Second period I had Art with Peach. They were handing in bird drawings, but I get an extra week since this was my first class. Next week we are going to learn to draw flowers. The teacher seems really nice and she tries to make sure I feel included and comfortable. Some of the kids in the class are really good at drawing, I am going to look so pathetic next to them, but I think it is going to be fun anyway.

Third period I had social study with my class. We got out early so we went to lunch because they have a free period for meetings (they have to have meetings once a month so they have to have a period set aside for them). For lunch I ate some spicy chicken and some vegetables with pork. For dessert I had the Thai dessert that I had the other day with the ice.

After lunch we went up to our classroom for 6th period (we ate 4th period) and we sat and waited. I studied for most of the period, read for a short time (like 3 pages) and then helped Mo to color some things for math. When it came time for class we found out we had to move rooms. We had English 6th period which is really easy for Mo and I so we were talking. I guess we were talking kind of loud so the teacher called on us and made me read and then made her translate. It was really cool to listen to her translate. She was so fast at it most of the time, but sometimes she would accidentally say an English word and everyone would laugh. After we read some of the kids were trying to get the teacher to make me translate, thank goodness she didn’t fall for it. I said I wish I could translate any of it, so Mo decided to teach me some of the words in the section. She taught me for the remainder of the class.

After English I had Social Study with Peach. She had some packet she was working on so I sat there and studied Thai. After she finished we went to the canteen (cafeteria) to get some food. I got some hot dogs wrapped in bacon and then deep fried (talk about fattening) and then some egg roll like things also deep fried. I also got some mango. I then headed up to my Thai lesson.

In my Thai lesson I learned some body parts and then went over my flashcards. I decided that since I keep getting the same ones right that I should remove them and replace them with new words. I will work on going through them on Sunday if I have free time.

After school Meow and I were supposed to play tennis, but we really didn’t want to so we played for only like 10 minutes and then went and got some food. I got some cookies and some dried bananas and a water. While we ate we watched some people play and she helped me translate some phrases I wanted to learn. We decided around 5 to play for a little longer. We only lost our balls once (well me once her three times). My host mom came around 5:30 and we played until about 5:45. We then went and picked up Mike from school (he was retaking his Math exam because he failed, they have a no fail policy). After that we quick went to the store so I could buy some things for school and some wrapping paper so I can send the package home next week.

For dinner we had some noodles (like Ramon but Thai company). They gave me the non spicy and I told them they didn’t have to worry about me and to not make anything special for me. Meow said she put in peppers into mine and thought it would be spicy for me, but I didn’t even realize they were in there until she pointed one out to me. She said that next time she would give me the ones she eats since I didn’t have a problem with mine. I’m so proud of myself for being able to handle the spice!

After dinner I cleaned my room and sorted through the presents. I have everything in piles but still need to wrap them. When I picked up Tom’s from Srunya ants crawled all over me and like an idiot I put it on my bed instead of the floor so now I will have ants crawling on me tonight and biting me! I’m highly unmotivated to do much of anything tonight, but the gifts are all over my bed so I guess I have to deal with them in order to go to bed.

Tomorrow I’m hanging out with Meow. Should be a fun day, or so I hope. Well I can’t think of anything else to add for now, but I’m sure I will tonight like I always do. I have a mental list of things that I’ve forgotten all week, but I never do add them so I don’t know why I keep thinking about them. Well that’s all for now!

Have a good weekend everyone! Will try and write again tomorrow.

แอลอิสสัน ดันแคน

Side note: Ma can mean: Mother, Horse, Dog, or Come and I can never say it right
Kluay can mean : Banana or FU, and apparently I keep saying the bad one, I think I will try to avoid that word

P.S. I created a picture wall with pics from home so if you want you can send me (via mail, it’s hard to print anything here) pics of what you’re up to or what I’m missing! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment