Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Beginning of Community Service -- FINALLY!!!

So today I started, well sort of, my community service. I'll start from the beginning of today though.

I woke up at 5 to get ready because I needed to be at school at 7:30 (or so I told my host family knowing that if I told them that early then I'd be there on time). I showered and did some stuff on my computer. I got ready and then ate breakfast (the leftovers from last nights dinner) and of course I ate alone because no one here eats breakfast. We left at like 7:20 ish (told you we are never on time, I'm in Thailand I've learned how things work). We made a few stops on the way and got to school at 8. I had time to tell Lucas we were NOT going to 7/11 talk to Martin, the kid from Alaska that is here with his family to avoid the Alaskan winter, and to get all my stuff taken care of. The lady came and picked us up then and we drove to pick up another student.

The 4 of us crammed in the back seat of the truck for the hour drive to the little school. The school is 5 years old and has less than 100 students (and the lady, I think she was the director, said most students don't show up). We walked around the school and talked to various classes. Most classes didn't have teachers so the students were just doing whatever they wanted.

After the tour of the one floor classroom we went to see the scenery. The school is built on a mangrove farm. There were monkeys and those weird things that look like giant tadpoles that like climb in the mud.

The lady then said that there wasn't anything left to do at the school so she was going to take us sightseeing. We first went to a different province to get drinks and to feed some fish. Then we drove to Cha Am to look at the beach. The they took us to Hua Hin to get Pizza Hut. It was great pizza, just like at home! We loved it and ate all of it (the large was the size of a small in America). Then they came and picked us up again (they went for traditional Thai somewhere).

We then went back to Petchaburi and went to this like shop area at the bottom of the mountain and I found Petchaburi postcards something I'd been looking for, and a Thailand keychain.

Then it was back to school. On arriving at school I looked through the large amount of shoes in front of the English Corner, and what do you know, my shoes were there. I ran inside with them, with my sandals still on, and hid them before anyone would know. I STOLE MY SHOES BACK I STOLE MY SHOES BACK!

After school I worked on the project for tomorrow. Jason and I are going to an elementary school to teach so we were preparing things (I love that he only has 2 weeks to do his community service because that means I'm actually getting mine done too). My host mom came and had to talk to some of the teachers because Mike is having a lot of problems in school.

We then went to dinner where I ate Pad Thai mi khai (Thai noodles no egg) and then we went and printed photos for me. I got 130 photos for around $14 (that's just over a penny each). And because I got some many they gave me a big one for free (8x10). Then we went and picked up some stuff for the store. There were two really cute little kids in the store and it was fun to watch them.

We then went and picked up Meow and Mike and headed home. I prepared the stuff to send to various places in the world and then cleaned my room a little. I had random stuff laying all over my room that I'm not going to use here so I put it all in boxes (yes boxES)! Just the few things laying around filled 2 1/2 boxes! I'm doomed! I've hardly gone anywhere or bought anything yet. I don't know what I'm going to do. I'm going to have to send more than half of my things with mom and dad because I will probably buy more after they leave because I will be traveling!

Well now I'm exhausted from a lack of sleep (I'm a teenager who likes to do everything at night and hates mornings) so I'm headed to bed. Night to all! Chan rak mak koon (lot of love to all)!

Allyson

No comments:

Post a Comment