Thursday, February 4, 2010

Bye Bye Modeum 6 and Beginning Community Service

So yesterday was the farewell ceremony for Modeum 6 (that’s grade 12). They had a 2 hour assembly in the morning with a big ceremony for them. The rest of the day was spent giving them gifts, saying goodbye (even though they have exams for the next week), and using them as an excuse to ditch class. There was a group of Chinese people at the school so my class was in charge of showing them around so we didn’t have class. Lucas is in modeum 6 so he spent the day with his friends. He got decked out, I’ll have to post a pic at some point. I didn’t have much to do with it.

Well yesterday I was supposed to start my community service but Jason was sick and they didn’t think that I needed to go so they cancelled it. I did need to go but I guess what can I do. Jason was sick with a fever from many mosquito bites that made his whole foot swell to the point it wouldn’t even fit in a shoe after medicine for three days.

Today I actually did do community service. Peach’s mom is a nurse (a sex ed nurse as I found out from all the things in her office) and they were having an event at her hospital so we went to help out. We started by talking with some children about 9. Then they put us on serving duty so we went around with little desserts and drinks. We also helped to set up the food pyramid display. We did whatever they asked us to do and when they had nothing for us to do we sat and tried to figure out the Rubix cube that Lucas’s host brother bet him he couldn’t.

After the community service we went for lunch. We made it back in time for me to go to PE. Today was the first day of PE final. I didn’t know what I was doing so I just winged it. I don’t know why but I got a C. Boom said it’s no big deal because she did well and got a B. It was the beginning and she said it would get better so I shouldn’t think about it.

After school I mailed all the packages and post cards. All I have to say is that everyone I sent something to better love me because I spent my whole months money on shipping!

Well that’s all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment