Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Food- 1

Many people have asked me what I eat here so this past week I started to take pictures of everything I've been eating, which draws a lot of attention and laughs, but I've been doing it anyway. Here is some of the interesting things I've been eating this week:




My favorite thing here, GUAVA!


This Macaroni dish that my host mom made. I didn't think that I was going to like it because you make it with Ketchup and corn and peppers and stuff, but it was REALLY good!


There are always many options for dinner and this is two from the other night. The one with the nuts was REALLY spicy so I got about one bite and had to stop and the one with the tofu (which I don't like) gives me a stomach ache every time I eat it so I was glad that we had Macaroni too.



This is the Sundae I got at Swenson's after school last week, the American flag was an added touch!


These little cake like pastries, they were pretty good, they use different flowers and leaves to give them color and taste so the taste is very different than anything we have in America.

I went to a party and at parties the serve a lot of different food, many courses, so here is the menu:



Appetizers


This really spicy pork and onion dish, it was really good, but when I was finished I couldn't feel my lips!


This is what the fish looked like before. . .

and after everyone ate, everything is gone except bones and head, needless to say I didn't join them in this!


I decided not to eat this when they started to play with the head and open and close it's mouth like it was talking. Someone even ate the tongue!


The fried rice I ate so much of!


Pork and Chicken soup with bamboo, I don't like bamboo and the chicken wasn't very good but I ate some it anyway.


Dessert was this amazing rice pudding thing with a paste like thing on top and a sauce on bottom, I love it, made it in cooking and now eat it whenever I get the chance!

I have more food, but like this post says, #1. Some another day I will share more with you.

1 comment: