Friday, September 11, 2009

This Week's Adventure

Monday: The day started out annoying because with everyday my host family wakes up later and later which puts me farther and farther behind, because the lock the door to the outside where we hang our towels and once they get up and get theirs, I must wait for them to shower before I can. After taking a really quick shower, I ate the last of my breakfast food and hurriedly finished getting ready for school, which included finding out that my computer case was too small and having to maneuver the computer in a way that would make it fit! When it came to second period, gym, I packed everything up and headed to the gym area where I figured I was going to have to wait for everyone since I arrived on time (here the teachers don’t care about time, they hold the students for up to 15 minutes into the next class period so the students are always behind). I waited for about 5 minutes then grew antsy and decided to go see if anyone from my class was by the English Corner because I knew from the week before that they had to walk right past there in order to get to class. As I was walking back I saw a large group of them talking and heading towards the pavilion area so I followed them and when they all sat down I realized that there was no class! So I went to sit in the English corner again until 4th period English. English was kind of boring. They were reading the Tell Tale Heart by Edgar Allen Poe and writing down words they didn’t know to look up for homework. After class the teacher told me that because that assignment didn’t work for me, I had to DRAW a movie poster about the story. I had no idea though that describing poster board to my host mom was going to be so difficult, she still doesn’t get it and I need it so I can do it this weekend because it’s due Monday! After 4th Period is Lunch and then another free period before I have Thai Cooking. We made Jello which was really cool and this class has several English speaking kids, so it was A LOT more fun! After school my host mom picked us up and we ran errands until pretty late and then came home and had dinner.

Tuesday: The morning started out the same except that I didn’t eat breakfast because there wasn’t any so by the time I got to school I didn’t feel very good, but I managed. Second period I had English with the 6/6 kids (seniors) which was ok, but I don’t like the teacher at all so it wasn’t the best class. After English, I went and sat in the English Lab until Peach came and invited me to come to her class with her and watch a performance by some of the children (on the way we stopped at the Minimart, which is a small place for the students to buy snacks, and we bought donuts). After the performance we had lunch, which I was very happy about! After lunch I had nothing to do, but none of the other girls in the upper grades did either because on Tuesday’s the older boys have Military training. Eighth period I had Thai dancing, which was so awesome to watch but sooooo hard to do! I am glad that I am in that though I don’t know if my wrists are!  After school was the same as every other day so nothing interesting happened.

Wednesday: The school day started with going to Social Studies with Boom, where I didn’t understand anything! After that I had a free period and then Thai cooking. In Thai cooking we made something very similar to Rice Pudding, it was very good! We finished early so I went to the English Lab where I talked with Gayoon (my coordinator and the head of the English Lab) and added a few more classes. When she returns on Monday from her conference in Bangkok we will officially add them. After Thai Cooking is lunch. I had no classes in the afternoon because Gayoon left for her conference. Other than the normal after school routine, nothing happened.

Thursday: I had Social Study again with Boom first period and then I had English with the teacher from Wisconsin. After class he was talking with me and he said that he has over a hundred books and if I wanted he could bring some in and I could take my pick of them. So next week he is going to bring a few in I think. Fourth period I was supposed to go to English with Boom but I was doing something and hadn’t packed anything up and I didn’t want her to be late because of me so I told her to go and to not worry about me. Her 6th period gym was cancelled because the teacher was absent and my 7th period was cancelled because the teacher was gone (which I wouldn’t have known except someone translated the note on the door for me). So I went back to the English Lab where Peach caught me and asked me to go and watch her play! I am glad that I did because it was very funny! I would try to describe the play, but too much would get lost if I did so sorry, but I can’t. Also that day I tried to go online and download some of my favorite shows, but all of them won’t let me because I am not in America! It was a rather boring and long day!

Friday: I had English 2nd period which was rather lame because they were just finishing the Tell Tale Heart and discussing some of the words from their lists. After lunch I had 6th and 7th free and Thai 8th so I waited in the English Lab yet again! I was excited for Thai, ready to learn something, but as usual the teacher talked to me about my American life and hardly said anything to me in Thai, maybe a total of 10 words which I can’t remember because she said each once and that was it! I went back to the English Lab after class and packed up my things expecting that my host mom wouldn’t be too long, then I went with Peach to buy some food. After we returned, I ate and waited for my host mom to come. She didn’t arrive until 5:30 so it was a very long wait with just my host brother (who doesn’t talk to me) because Meow went to a dinner with Rotary. After she picked us up we went to buy dinner, but for the first time since I met him, Mike didn’t want to eat. We stopped at several places none of which we went to because he didn’t want to eat. I ended up eating dinner alone tonight and am now waiting for the internet because Mike is on it! This weekend I have no plans and so I will be stuck here the whole weekend reading I guess!

P.S. Sorry that I didn’t write this week, I will try to write more next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment