Friday, October 30, 2009

Friday October 30th, 2009

Today was pretty fun. I woke up at 5 something but went back to sleep. My alarm went off at 6 but I didn’t get up until 6:30 so I was running behind. I had no clean uniform so I had to wait for the laundry until 7:10 quick change and pack everything up and eat. I was eating 10 minutes before we walked out the door, but I wasn’t the only one behind, Meow and Mike couldn’t get out of bed this morning either. We left the house almost 10 minutes late and we had to stop at the store to get a Thai flute for Mike (which he played on the way to school, most annoying). We were 15 minutes (almost 20) late for the ceremony so Meow and Mike had to fill out some form for the school. I went to the English Corner. I didn’t do anything first period because the class had a test, so I sat in the English Corner and read. They were running on a special time schedule today so I ended up being late for my second period. I had to perform a play, I was the narrator actually, for my English class (this was the last time I was going to be in that class because next week my classes change). As soon as the play was done I had to rush back to the English Corner because I was leaving.

Today I went with a group of volunteer students from New Zealand, Germany, and Finland as well as some former exchange students from my school (like Boom). We went to a bakery and got to make some desserts, and eat some! I talked with the boy from New Zealand, he was really nice. After we finished baking and eating we went for lunch. We ate Pad Thai for lunch. While we were waiting for the others to finish they taught me this song for the parts of the face. After we finished we went back to school where I had to wait for Gayoon to unlock her office where my things were so I didn’t go to class. At 7th period I went to Social Studies with Peach, but they were doing some newspaper things so I read. At the end of the class I talked with Peach and she agreed to help teach me to read and write. After Social Study I had Thai with Pa Taw. She talked with me about all sorts of stuff and when the conversation went to whether I’ve ever eaten crocodile (she heard somewhere the American’s eat crocodile) and decided to take out my flash cards as a hint that we should actually do a lesson. We worked on the flashcards and I got 56/117 right (last night I only got 41/117), I would be a lot better if I could remember any of the months!

After school I sat and read for a little while before Meow showed up and we left. We walked to the train station and then tried to call my host mom but she had her phone off so we had to walk to the hospital which was about ½ mile from the train station. She had just left, but we sat there for a while until we got a hold of her somehow and then we walked back to the train station to wait for her to pick us up. Once she picked us up we went to the end of the month market. It was crazy there and I kept getting shoved around and separated. After they bought the few things they needed we went to dinner across the street. I looked at the menu and saw some sort of Sausage Steak and was curious what it was so I ordered it. It was so small and came with fries and a salad with this really gross dressing on top. I didn’t eat a lot so I’m still hungry! After dinner we ran a few errands and then headed home. I changed and then Meow was flipping through the channels and found America’s Next Top Model so we watched that. After that was over I read for a little while and then Meow and I decided to take a walk on the beach. Tonight was the first night since I left home that I saw the moon, I was so excited! On the way back from the beach Meow was telling me about winter and she asked if I was getting any cooler, I told her no! She told me that some people die from the winter here, I said that they would never make it one day at home then!

Tomorrow starts the water festival, so we will go to that in the evening. In the morning at 6 my host family and I are going to walk on the beach, then I’m coming back and going back to sleep! Since I know I won’t be able to sleep again after waking up I’m going to bed as soon as I finish writing this and I shower! I have pics from today but I didn’t load them onto my computer yet so I can’t post them, sorry.

Talk to you all soon and for those who won’t check in again until Monday, have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment