Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Wednesday October 28th, 2009

I woke up this morning at 2AM because it was raining really hard. When I woke up it was all dark, all of a sudden with a bolt of lightning and some thunder the porch light went on right outside my window (we never turn that one on so it was even stranger). I got up to close my drapes and found that it was raining into my room from the other window so I quickly closed the windows (as quickly as I could being the fact the rain kept coming and the wind kept blowing them open). After I finally closed the windows and drapes I tried to sleep again, but it took a long time. I finally fell asleep to wake up randomly at 4! I never do get a full night’s sleep, it’s so annoying! (I talked with Paul, the teacher from Australia, and he said its normal after a few months to start waking up at random times again. He said that after a month of so it will pass and I will be able to sleep again. I hope that it comes sooner though, I’m really sick of being so tired all the time!) My alarm went off at 6, but I couldn’t get myself to get out of bed until 6:30 and then it was only by reminding myself that I was excited for today!

We were late for school as we usually are. We arrived in the middle of the national anthem, so we had to stop and wait at the entrance. After we could move again I went to the English lab to wait for Boom to come and get me for class. I should probably explain that whole thing. On Monday there was a new guy in the English Corner and he came and talked to me. I don’t know who he is, but he said that Gayoon brought him in the assist her and that he was supposed to help me. We talked about school and what I like and don’t like about it and decided that I should pick a class to join so that I can make friends and be in some Thai speaking classes. I talked to Boom, the girl who went to Chili last year, and she said that I could join her class. Today was my first day with the class, that’s why I was so excited for today.

Back to today now. Once Boom came and got me we went to Social Studies, which turned out to be some sort of Economics/Politics class. The whole class was in Thai, the teacher can’t speak any English so the girls had to translate whenever he talked to me. I was given a packet just like everyone else, a packet written in Thai! I took one look at it and freaked, it was complete gibberish! I tried to focus on the teacher as much as I could so that I can try to pick up some things, but it was hard to keep focused when I didn’t understand anything. I was so shocked in class when everyone was talking and the teacher didn’t even care. Another thing that shocked me was that they don’t text in class, they call people in class!!!

When Social Studies ended I went with one of the girls, she went to Texas last year (I feel horrible because I spent the whole day with her and don’t know her name!), and we went to Thai instrument class. When the teacher came in we all moved so that we could face him, we were all sitting on the floor facing the windows not his desk. The whole class they just talked with him, I guess he’s funny because everyone kept laughing. He kept making comments that I was staring at him and that I scared him, the girls translated for me. I guess here they don’t always look at the teacher, something that I never thought about I just did.

After Thai instrument class they had Chinese 2, which is way more advanced than I am so I went to the English corner. After Chinese 2 they had English with a Thai teacher, and I don’t need any English help so I stayed in the English Corner. I ate lunch with my new class, some noodle thing that I really didn’t like but I ate because I knew that I wouldn’t be eating for a while. After lunch we went to Thai History. The teacher speaks a little English, but he mumbled so much I couldn’t understand him so the girl who went to Texas had to help me. I tried to pay attention and I understood some of the city names they were saying, but that was it. After History we went to Health. In Health we have to make a magazine, which looks like a lot of fun.

After Health we had a free period before the end of the day so we went to the Cafeteria. I ate some ice cream and they helped me with my Thai. I can now count to 100 and if you say anything in the hundreds I can tell you what it is in English though I can’t say it yet.

After school I went to the English corner and hung out with Peach for a little while before Meow came and got me. We then walked to the hospital and played tennis. When Mike showed up and let him play and took a rest. When Meow decided to be done my host mom wanted to try, it was so funny to watch, she would just swing and spin herself. After tennis we ran so errands like always then came home. For dinner we had shell thing, some cabbage and pork, and some purple and yellow corn. After dinner fruit was brought to the table, but I thought it was eggs because that’s what it looked like. My host mom said it was fruit and that it was very good. I tried some and it actually isn’t bad, not my favorite fruit but I liked it so I’m glad I tried it. After dinner I did my math homework (I’m working on logs, yippee!) and read for a little while (I finished Angels and Demons and now am reading DaVinci code). After I finish writing I’m going to shower and get to bed because I’m exhausted!

Hope you are all well!

P.S. I’ve decided that both journaling and blogging is annoying since I say the same things in both of them so I’m going to blog as my journal since that’s the one that people are reading and only journal when I’m not able to blog. I’m sorry if some of this is a little personal or feely but since it’s a journal now it’s going to have most everything!

2 comments:

  1. I think it's great! You're doing much better with your blogging as you go along. I love you! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that you think I'm getting better. Hope you're enjoying my posts.

    ReplyDelete