Sunday, October 4, 2009

Little Update

This will be a short little update of the past three days which have been spent in Bangkok. I am going to start with today just because it's easier.

Today I woke up at 7:30 and read while the others got ready and then I got ready myself. We were supposed to leave at9 but of course we didn't leave on time. Its was 10 when we finally left the apartment and headed to the school to drop off one of the girls for class. After we dropped her off we stopped at the cafeteria and ate some breakfast which in my opinion was lunch food because they don't have an breakfast food here everything can be eaten whenever. After that we went back to the apartment because one of the girls forgot something and stayed a little while so they could watch a TV show. I am currently sitting at an internet cafe in the middle of Bangkok with Meow and two friends of hers waiting to go and see a movie and maybe get Thai massages after that for only 200baht which is just under $7!

Yesterday we actually left the apartment on time (9:30) and took the girls to the school and had breakfast. We then went to the ice rink, which took a while to get there because first you have to take the BTS (skytrain) several stations and then take the Metro for a while and then walk for a little while and no one knew where they were going and it was everyone's first time with the Metro because they all ride the Skytrain. I couldn't skate because the skates the gave me were falling off my feet and I was sliding around in them and they were falling apart so I didn't want to get hurt and thought it was smarter to just watch. After skating we went to Starbucks and then back to the downtown to shop. We shopped for several hours but all I got was 6 books(HP 4, 2 Poirots, Angles and Demons, and DaVinci Code). We went back to the apartment and rested for a while then went out to see what movies were playing so we can go today. After we looked at movies we went and looked at the clothes markets on the streets and I bought a really cute pair of shorts for $3.40 (100 baht). After that we went to the 7/11 and bought some food for dinner and went back to the apartment heated some water and cooked these cups of food that we bought, kind of like Raman in a cup. We then sat around and read or watched TV until 10:30 then got ready for bed though I was the only one who went to bed.

The first day we were picked up at 11:30 (they first said 12 then called and said 11) and headed off. We stopped in town to eat before heading out and then drove for a little more than an hour and a half. We sat in traffic for 45 minutes to make the last 5 minutes of our trip to the apartment. We settled in and then went shopping, though I didn't buy anything it was fun. For dinner we walked around and looked at all the option. I saw the Subway sign reflected on a window and was very exctied so I ate that while they all ate KFC. I sat and talked with this girl from Arizona for a while while she waited for some people to come and get her. She was really nice. She is in Bangkok on business for the Clinton Foundation she said so she was telling me about it. After dinner we shopped some more and then went to the apartment to just relax. We could't get the AC working so someone came and showed us how and then we all froze all night not knowing how to control the temp.

So far it is a lot of fun being here and I am enjoying spending time with everyone and seeing everything, though they probably think that I am very clumsy because I'm always tripping because I'm looking around and not watching where I'm walking. Well it's time for me to head off!

Talk to you all soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment