Thursday, August 27, 2009

Parade

Today I went to the most amazing parade! Everyone was dressed in some sort of costume! I loved all of the traditional costumes from around the country! I took lots of pictures and videod almost the whole thing, so as soon as I get my computer I will put those on there too! The parade had like 1000 people in it, so they all had to wake up at midnight in order to be ready! They also decorated the stands on the field for each color and some of them were AMAZING! I loved the blue's because they made it look like the ocean and the orange's was like fire and the Green's was all about going "Green" so they were really awesome to look at!

Some of today's events were: Tug of War, Sack races (I didn't know that was a sport, but it was really funny to watch the boys!), 50M and 400 M dashes and 1200M, and Three leg races. They also have this really funny 50M race where there are 4 people, 3 are backwards and one forward and they have to run together with a pole between their legs, it was so funny! Many of the events were really amusing!

It was so hot today that during the parade I felt really sick! I hope that tomorrow is cooler because I want to watch Meow run! Today several people passed out during the running events, and I was the only one surprise or phased by this! Tomorrow I think many people will pass out because they will do the long distance runs, like Meow who is running 3 kilometers (I don't know what that is in miles, but it sounds long)!!!

Spent most of the day reading because it was too hot for much else! I read 350 pages today, if I keep this up, I will have read everything imaginable by the end of the year! I will have to stop soon because I will have run out of things to read until mom and dad send me more!

2 comments:

  1. More is on the way, sweetie! Maybe I should send you one of those personal fans? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had thought about asking for one! Wasn't sure if i could get one here, but I figure not since no one seems to have one and that is one item i figure if they had it everyone would have!

    ReplyDelete