Sunday, August 16, 2009

Thai Bathrooms

The Thai bathroom is nothing like in America! It is called a Water Room which is exactly what it is! From the moment you step in you become wet! There is water all over the floor because that is what they do! Instead of doing things the way that we do when using the bathroom, they throw away the toilet paper because it will clog their pipes! They also spray water on themselves to clean themselves after using the rest room! I have not yet been to school, but they tell me that all it is at school is a little hole with place to put your feet and you stand! There is no toilet paper at school so Mom is going to send me Charmin ToGo! At home there is no soap so after you go to the rest room you can't wash your hands, GROSS!!!! (I'm so glad that I brought hand sanitizer!)

When you enter the bathroom this is what it looks like: You take a step down and straight ahead is the sink and off to the right is the toilet and to the right of that is the yernal (probably didn't spell that right, but the computer is not good at English spell check :-)!!) Next to the toilet area is a tile wall and in front of that is two garbage bins filled with water and small buckets sitting on top! Because they live so far from the water tower, unless you get up really early, you must take and pour the water over yourself and shower that way! It may sound simple to you, but trust me it is not!!! The water gets all over everything and so there is nowhere dry to put your towel and clothes or anything else that you bring to the bathroom!

The water is not good and it makes my face hurt! Also it makes brushing you teeth difficult because you have to you bottled water to rinse your tooth brush and everything else! When you are finished with your bath you are cold, which is good because you start sweating the second you step out of the Water Room! Everything about the bathroom is different, which can become very annoying! I am starting to get used to the system, but I think that it is going to take more than one day even though we shower at least twice a day!

I really miss Western Bathrooms! I guess that I am quickly learning to appreciate everything that I have because I am luckier than many other people!

No comments:

Post a Comment