Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Sports Week

Sports week is really fun, I think that we should have one in America, or at least at Port! I have watched so many interesting things! I have taken many pictures and will post them as soon as I possibly can! Yesterday I watched Volleyball, which is played so differently here, and Footsaw, which is soccer but with less people on a concrete court (so it's smaller with smaller nets and stuff, but same rules), and some basketball which is pretty much the same thing, and some pin pong. Today I watched more Volleyball, some cheering (not a lot, but some), the others watched Badmitton, but I was too hot to go which is a little upsetting, but maybe tomorrow they will play again and I can watch! I also watched some Dancing and that was really cool! Some of the teams are really good at different events and they are really fun to watch! I liked today because everyone wore their color and so it was fun to see how everyone grouped together even though they had friends on different teams and how they cheered for various teams! Tomorrow is another day and I think that that should be interesting too!

For the last hour I sat and talked with Peach while Meow and some of her other friends went and drooled over some guy! I like Peach, I think that she is the most mature of Meow's friends and she is easy to talk to. Yesterday at the market she helped me to find things and then bargained the prices for me and got me really good deals! I was so grateful! I don't have many people to talk to yet, but I'm glad that I have at least one person to talk to! I know that in time I will meet more people and then I can talk to them too!

Tonight I am going to call Bashayer and I am so excited to hear how everything is going with her! After that I might have some more Thai/cursive lesson with Meow and then I will head to bed because I only at 5 hours of sleep for the last 2 nights!

Keep in touch everyone, I miss you all and love hearing what you have to say or what you are interested in hearing about (that one not many people tell me even though it is important because I know that I forget about things or don't think that some things are important that you might!!!)! Let me know if you have any questions or anything, I check in several times a day, due to the fact that I can't possibly sit outside and watch the sports the entire day and once I start classes I have an extreme amount of free time!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you are having a positive experience this week! Have you made the pasta for your family yet? Which soup recipe did you want me to send you? Looking forward to seeing your new "handwriting!~" Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought some Thai soup in a package and am going to try it this week. Do they fix a lot of soup in Thailand? Eating something hot when it's already hot out may not be appealing! Glad to hear you have found someone to talk with. Love you lots. Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that you enjoyed the soup! They don't eat a lot of soup in the we know it, but they have rice noodle soup that is common! And they also have some soup things that they pour over rice, but they don't eat soup in the way we know soup! I also can't figure out why and how they eat hot, spicy things when they live in this type of climate! It makes you sweat even worse! I'm glad that I have someone to talk to too. I start classes today so I hope to meet some more people! Love you too! xoxo

    ReplyDelete